A random little update.


We've all heard of 'Working remotely'. What about living remotely... Is that a thing?

Well, sometimes it feels like I'm 'Living remotely' as well. It's actually pretty cool though. I've spent many years traveling with work and living out of a suitcase. In 2019 we (my partner and I) sort out moved down to London, as I was always down in London working almost every week.. but at that time we were in fact still dividing our time between Leeds and London.

Then of course, we ended up in one place during the pandemic. Now that things are very much back to normal (what we can call normal) we are basically going back to the original plan and from the beginning of March, we are going to be once again dividing our time between Leeds and London. I really feel lucky to be able to say that I actually live in / divide my time, between London and Leeds. Not many people can say that they are self-employed and actually have a home in two different cities. Not to mention that the cost of renting and/or owning a home in London is crazy expensive and being self-employed comes with the risk of not always having that stable income.

I believe that this proves how hard I have to work and I don't mind working hard at all. I don't mind traveling back and forth, though if I'm honest, if I could snap my fingers and not have to do the journey I would... however, I don't mind really. I just have to remind myself that I'm 40, not 20 and I've got to keep fit and healthy too. Sometimes I think that a lot of people don't have any idea just how hard I do actually work. I love my work with so much passion and I will never give up. As the old saying goes 'gotta do what you gotta do'. So come March, I'll be back and forth, dividing my time between London and Leeds (and wherever the work takes me) I really love to travel and of course we couldn't during the pandemic. I feel that we are very fortunate to be able to work remotely as my job offers me that flexibility. I'm always so grateful for everything I have. It's a crazy, but exciting life I will admit. I have my ups and downs, highs and lows, good times and bad and like anyone else, I make my fair share of mistakes too... but let me tell you that I don't take it for granted.

Anyways I thought I'd share this 'random thought' as you do on a blog and if you're following me on my social media page and/or check out my website, you'll be able to follow my schedule and see where I am and what I'm doing over this next year. Thanks for reading and I'll see you soon. Daniel.

https://www.mrdanielmatthews.com


Popular posts from this blog

Life of a Publicist

ELVIS: Direct From Graceland - My review.