Life of a Publicist


 You work in PR and your job is to publicize.

Except, how can you do that if your client doesn't send you the information.

Information and communication is the key and the most important part of this. Yet people don't seem to understand that and some clients don't always seem to be bothered to put in the time to send the information over that is needed. Then you get the blame and told you're not doing your job.... but, how is it possible to do your job. Do THEY not want to move forward and develop. I'm putting this out there because I have had this experience with more than one client and this make it's harder for me to do my job. I'm all about connecting people and publiczing the information. Yet! That information is needed.

Your an artist:
You have an album, a tour, you want your name out there. Send the information!

You run a venue:
You have on events, you want to sell tickets. Send the information!

Yesterday, I got an email (I can't share full details) this was from someone in the press. They ask, have you got the information (the press release) so we can get this out. I reply 'They haven't sent me the details that I asked for, I have emailed them and spoke to them. Following this, they reply with 'Do they not want their names out there'. So why waste time with people who say they want to make it, but then cant be bothered.

I meet with my clients face to face, as well as having phone calls and emails. I interview and make notes etc.. Sometimes it's a case of I'll send you the details. Well, my focus is on the one's who really want to make the effort and put in the time. If/when I have all the full information I can do my job and I can do it well. Remember, INFORMATION IS THE KEY!

https://www.mrdanielmatthews.com

Popular posts from this blog

A random little update.

ELVIS: Direct From Graceland - My review.